Saturday, April 21, 2012

Spring Top - Shearwater Kaftan

I finished my Spring Top for the Spring Top Sewalong!  Actually I finished it 3 weeks ago before Easter and have wore it several times already.  Life just got in the way (aka: work) and I didn't get it blogged or even uploaded to the flickr site.
But realizing the deadline is tomorrow i'm getting my butt in gear this morning to post.

I LOVE this top.  It turned out almost perfect.  And i'll definitely be wearing it all summer.  Heck I've even been wearing it in the cooler weather with a sweater. It's great for layering and looks good with jeans or shorts and will make a great beach cover up (should we ever go to the beach).

Details:
Pattern: Shearwater Kaftan by makeitperfect
Size: X-small
Fabric: Bought on Etsy (after searching for a long time) A very light/ pale gray Gauze
Buttons: for sleeves bought at the Creative Festival from Len's Mill booth

This top went together really easy and fast.  And I don't know why it sat in my closet all cut out but not started for so long.  I really wish I had a real proper serger for the ends now that its finished.  The fabric is so light that its started to fray really bad on the inside even where I used my pinking shears.

I might have to make a trip to The Workroom to use the serger's there this week to finish it up. But overall i'm super happy with this top.  And another finished project for the year!

On to finishing (or starting) my dress for Angela's wedding. (Good thing I have the week off!)

1 comment: